This week on Uniquely Woman, Lisa and I are tackling the next episode in our friendship series. We’re discussing how to prepare your heart for deeper friendships, as well as how to keep the bonds of those friendships strong. We women long for friendships, but in so many seasons of life they seem beyond our grasp.
Preparing your heart
- You won’t be close to everyone; some people won’t even like you
- You are made for friendship but friendships can’t validate you
- Deeper friendships take time to develop
- Peel yourself off in layers as relationships develop; don’t dump on someone all at once
- Point each other to Jesus; be able to point out sin or problem areas with love
- Pray: for good friends, to be a good friend, for your friends
- Find ways to relate even when you are different
- Be open to new ideas and recommendations
- Ask for advice
- Spend time in person/Facetime regularly (it helps to hear her voice)
- Only speak well of each other
Join the Community!
Enter your email to receive the Concise Guide to Biblical Sexuality! My subscribers receive weekly resources equipping them to live the gospel in work, love, and home. I look forward to knowing you better!